Friday, January 13, 2012

The Importance Of Cat Insurance

The Importance Of Cat Insurance
Our family have two pet cats and a pet dog. My children have always enjoyed living with animals and I just adore these pets. It therefore came as quite a shock when one of our lovely cats, a cat called Trixie was run over by a car just outside our house. Before you click away thinking this is going to be a sad tale, I am happy to report that Trixie has thankfully made a full recovery and is still alive today - in fact she is lying in her comfy cat bed watching me write this article! I will never forget that knock on the door. I opened the door in my usual cheerful way but the sight I was about to witness was something that I do not ever want to witness again. The sight was of Trixie looking rather worse for wear - I will not describe the scene or the injuries in too much detail as it may well upset people but lets just say she was in a very bad way - but at least she was still alive - and this was the only way we could think - positively and thankful that she had not been killed instantly. After thanking the neighbour, a person who seemed rather traumatised, we sped off to the vets. The vet stated that Trixie had been a very fortunate cat - well she did not look very fortunate from where I was standing - but I understood what he meant! Trixie had suffered numerous broken bones and there were likely to be other complications. The treatment was likely to continue for months - the vet warned us that the overall costs would be very high. Now our family are hardly rich and the nation is of course going through some what of a financial crisis with the government warning us of tough times ahead. But who cares? This is my beautiful cat - I would have re-mortgaged the house if I had to. But then my wife reminded me that she had taken out pet insurance - what a woman! As previously stated Trixie has now made a full recovery. The treatment cost well over three thousand pounds in total but luckily the cat insurance took care of that! by Steve Hill(http://www.petprotect.co.uk/)

No comments:

Post a Comment